Winsor Newton Professional Fixative Spray For Sketch & Drawing
₨ 2,300 – ₨ 4,600
A colorless medium that protects charcoal, pencil, pastel, and chalk drawings. Specially formulated to reduce smudging and dusting. Dries rapidly. Aerosol can enable easier & even applications.
Making the most of fixative;
Pastel pictures are fragile as the particles on the paper are not surrounded by a binder. A coat or two of fixative will give that little bit of protection, saving the picture from smudging in a portfolio or if brushed against by mistake.
A light coat of fixative will also help to stop pastel dust from sticking onto the glass once the picture is framed. A coating of fixative improves the lightfastness of pastels, this is particularly recommended for any colors which are ‘B’ rated. Too much fixative however will cause considerable color change to a pastel picture as the fixative wets out the pigment.
Using aerosol fixative:
- Use at room temperature for an even spray.
- The fixative spray should be used in a well-ventilated room.
- Shake the can before use.
- Keep the picture horizontal or slightly tilted.
- Hold can 25 – 30 cm from your work.
- For an even coating, start the spray at the side of the work and spray from top to bottom.
- Apply light coats only, to minimize color change.
150 ml, 400 ml